EGIA Contractor University™
Technician Communication & Selling Workshop – by James Leichter
April 12-13, 2018 – Sacramento, CA
Learn and roleplay the communication process, social styles and personalities, how to get along well and how to improve building customer relationships to improve the brand. We also cover in depth the consumer behaviors, interests, questioning technique, sales process and selling techniques, and how to use them all. Technicians will be provided with the knowledge and materials to help them sell more equipment, create more leads, create more accessory sales, and sell more maintenance agreements.
- Role of the Technician
- Mind Mapping – Attitudes and Focusing on Goals, Present
- Personality – Social Styles – Dealing with People – How and Why
- Understanding Effective Communication
- Defining 7 Selling Skills
- Understanding What Process in Sales – How to Sell by Involving Customers
- Setting Goals and a Personal Plan
- The Perfect Service Call Process
- Defining The Questions to Ask a Homeowner – 12 Questions We Recommend
- Course Manual/Workbook
- EGIA Powerpoint Slides – Outlining Technician Ideas
- Personality Test
- Electronic Files – Example of Perfect Service Call, Selling Process Article, Team Personality Test, Repair vs Replace, (31 Files in Total in
This Electronic Section)
- Anyone in Service; Service Technicians, SR Technicians, and Maintenance Technicians
- Service Managers
- Owners Will Also Benefit Greatly
- An Open Mind
- Technician Selling Presentation System (If You Use One)
- Watch the Technician Training Videos on Site
- Study All Technician/Maintenance/Selling System Documents on Site
- Create a Company Vision and Purpose – Simple and Focused
- Roleplay, Video and More Roleplay
James R. Leichter
James has been involved with the contracting industry since 1985. James has a solid background in HVAC service and installation as well as commercial refrigeration, electrical, and plumbing. He is a licensed master mechanic. He is the founder and past President of EnviroTech Heating & Cooling, Inc., one of the more successful residential/light commercial service and replacement companies in the area. James has been featured in several major newspaper articles as well as local television and radio.
James is the President of Aptora Corporation, which manages the growing portfolio of accounting software, field service management software, flat rate pricing software systems, and other related products and services.
James is the President of Mr. HVAC LLC, a management-consulting firm that focuses on HVAC operations manuals, management and sales systems, seminars, business coaching and personal training.
James works hard to improve the contracting industry through his efforts as a nationally recognized public speaker, computer software developer, teacher, writer, and business consultant. He has performed on-site consulting with approximately 150 or more HVAC and related contractors all over the United States of America. James has taught seminars all over the USA. He has been a featured speaker at many national events including ComforTech and ISH. James has addressed groups including Associated Builder’ and Contractors, PHCC, QSC, and ACCA.
James works specifically in business development, organization design, employee performance criteria, leadership, marketing, and service/replacement strategies. He is the editor of a popular newsletter and author of several publications and textbooks. He has written for The News®, Contracting Business®, Contractor®, and Construction Business Owner® magazine and others.