EGIA Contractor University™
Leadership – Entrepreneurship & Execution – by Gary Elekes
January 23, 2018 – Las Vegas, NV
Price: $599.00 (per attendee)
If you are a Premium member log in to register for free.
Owners and managers of contracting firms will work through a model of success to grow, and demonstrate a leadership structure that facilitates business growth. The focal points are in showing how to move from an entrepreneurial company to a process-driven business that can operate without its primary owners always present. The objectives are outlining how to accomplish that end by defining a plan, empowering others, creating structure without costs, and setting up yearly, monthly, weekly and daily activity objectives and reporting.
- Understanding Effective Leadership
- Understanding What a Process Is and Can Do to Grow and Empower
- Creating an Operating Plan for the Company and Employees
- Setting Goals
- Running an Effective Meeting
- Creating 3-Year and 10-Year Sets of Goals
- Creating a Meeting Rhythm
- Course Manual/Workbook
- EGIA Powerpoint Slides – Outlining Ideas
- White Rhinoceros Exercises
- Electronic Files – Example Core Values, Example Vision, Sample Operating Plan, Sample One-Page Strategic Plan, Sample Role Descriptions, All Metrics, a Dashboard, Sample Meeting Agenda
- Owners of Trades
- Mid-Managers of Any Company Wanting to Grow and Empower Managers
- A laptop running Microsoft Excel. These are working sessions and it is critical that everyone have their own laptop to work on (no mobile devices, tablets or iPads please).
- An Open Mind and Your Team
- Watch the Leadership Videos on Site
- Study All Leadership Documents on Site
- Create a Company Vision and Purpose – Simple and Focused
- Create Core Values and Define Them Behaviorally
- Create a 1-Year Operating Plan
- Create a One-Page Strategic Operating Plan
- Restructure All Role Descriptions
- Begin Daily Huddles, Weekly Meetings, Monthly Company Reviews
- Use KPI’s in Each Role Description and Weekly Meeting Reviews by Department
Gary Elekes is serial entrepreneur with a passion for helping others become more successful by sharing what he has learned during his 20+ years working closely with all facets of the contracting industry. During his career, Gary has held senior management positions at Lennox and Service Experts. In 2000, Gary moved into entrepreneurship and started his training and consulting business EPC. Today, EPC continues to support growth oriented businesses aspiring to reach 20% EBIT. He also designed the very first web based learning platform for the residential contracting industry, which acts as a support system for training and learning in HVAC and plumbing trades, and has over 5,000 subscribers.