|For many homeowners, media representatives, community leaders and market influencers, "seeing is believing." Utility companies, statewide organizations and local communities are recognizing the value of Home Energy Makeover Contests as a means of shining a light on home energy efficiency by demonstrating how quality installed home energy efficiency upgrades can lower energy bills, improve home comfort, create a healthier living environment and enhance home value.
EGIA administers home energy makeover contests and consumer workshops on behalf of program sponsors. EGIA services range from providing advisory or consultative support to program sponsors that want to manage their own contest, up to full program management and overall contest administration.
Some of the Home Energy Makeover Contests that EGIA has administered include:
You can download the Home Energy Makeover Contest: Administrative Roadmap to learn about EGIA's industry best practices for contest administration; including tips for developing an overall contest plan and timeline, product sponsor recruitment, building a dynamic informational website, maximizing customer participation, selecting the winning home, seamless installation management, capturing and documenting project results, conducting a high profile media open house and facilitating customer workshops that educate homeowners and strengthen trade ally relationships.
Why Sponsor A Home Energy Makeover Contest?
- Expand consumer, community leader and media awareness of utility home energy efficiency programs.
- Demonstrate "real energy savings" and the benefits of building science based assessment and testing, quality installation and a comprehensive whole house approach to home efficiency upgrades.
- Showcase the benefits of home energy efficiency as seen through the eyes of a homeowner.
- Generate qualified leads for trade allies participating in utility or community wide programs and jump-start consumer program participation.
- Provide a model for collaboration between the program sponsor, contractors and equipment manufacturers and distributors.